Contract Clinical Data Managers
Are you seeking your next challenge as a Clinical Data Manager? This is a fantastic opportunity to join our talented pool of Associates and work with us supporting a wide range of clients, ensuring the availability of complete, accurate and consistent clinical data across all our projects.
Aptus Clinical supports life science companies and academia in their quest to identify and develop valuable new medicines. We have a passion for drug development and a belief in the power of collective knowledge and collaboration.
- Competitive daily rates
- Excellent office and restaurant facilities
- On-site free parking
Once you join our team, you’ll discover a fast-growing and exciting company where we combine expertise and close partnerships to deliver the right outcome for our clients.
Based in an open plan office, we foster an informal and fun, yet fast-paced environment. We believe that by bringing talented people together, we can deliver ground-breaking innovations to the world of medicine.
So, if you think you’d thrive with a pioneering business that supports personal growth and development, this is the role for you.
As a contract Clinical Data Manager, you’ll work with us to manage the data management tasks for a programme of studies from study start up to database lock. Working with our Lead Data Manager, you will be able to perform or oversee the technical set-up, maintenance and close out activities for all Data Management aspects on a project as well as performing the data management handling and coding on behalf of the business.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the set up and management of the Aptus data capture (EDC) tools and systems
- Support the database design and testing (UAT), using specialist clinical database applications
- Support the development of the edit checks both manual and coded (e.g. using Java Script)
- Support the development of protocols, plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and processes as required identifying areas for process improvement as appropriate
- Upload study data to a variety of clinical and non-clinical databases and ensure ongoing timely data capture and data cleaning of all data sources
- Monitor data quality and integrity, and ensure consistency in Aptus’ data capture approach
- Work closely with clients as a point of contact/trouble-shooter for any data issues
- Ensure study timelines are met and data quality is according to high industry standards
- Oversee the issuing of queries and review query responses
- Ensure all database modifications are communicated with the team and implemented effectively
- Ensure adherence to GCP, regulatory guidelines, standard processes and SOPs
- Generate data analysis status reports on clinical studies for the clinical study teams as required
- Lock, transfer and archive databases
- Manage client relationships and foster client engagement, maintaining good links to help generate new/repeat business
To join us as a contract Clinical Data Manager, you’ll need:
- A BSc/MSc (or equivalent) in life sciences, statistics or a related subject or industry equivalent experience
- Proven data management expertise and a sound working knowledge of the data management process
- An excellent understanding of Electronic Data Capture (EDC
- Solid knowledge of clinical trial database technologies and processes
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within the pharmaceutical/clinical trials industry
- Good understanding of Good Clinical Practices and relevant regulatory guidelines
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary project teams and proactively manage relationships with other
- Significant experience in clinical data management across Phase 1 – 3 clinical trials
- Able to compare and evaluate third party data management systems
- Good project management, planning, risk, organisational and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent computer literacy, including strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
If you have the talents we’re looking for, this could be your chance to work with our rapidly growing company.
Please note we do not accept applications from agencies and you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com, quoting job reference JMC/CDM.
If we think you’ve got potential, we’ll be in touch within 10 working days.